Working Group 3 – Whole building integration and whole-life evaluation methods of adaptive facades
The main aim of this WG is to evaluate the integration and interaction of an adaptive façade with the building (aesthetics, structure etc.), the building services, the building users and the environment, thereby providing an account of the whole-life performance of an adaptive façade.
The quality of future energy efficient buildings depends on the performance of each component (established in WG2) but also on the interaction between these components in the entire façade system and how the façade interacts with the internal / external environment and users. The objective of WG3 is thus the evaluation of the pros/cons of adaptive façades when these technologies are analysed with a wider perspective, i.e. the impact of the adaptive façade when:
- integrated into a building
- under realistic boundary conditions and users’ interaction
- in a multidisciplinary, holistic perspective.
Another objective of this WG is to initiate and harmonize European and national research projects in order to further develop these methods and create a basis for future European standards, design rules and testing procedures.
- Requirements for building integration and user interaction for adaptive and multifunctional facades
- Evaluation methods for in-situ assessment of adaptive and multifunctional facades
- Experimental post-occupancy evaluation methods
- Develop new whole-life evaluation methods for adaptive facades as an integral part of a building
- Annual STSMs for PhD students and Early Stage Researchers on integration requirements and current and post-occupancy evaluation methods
- Report on the requirements for building and user integration
- Report on current and post-occupancy evaluation methods
- Input for the annual Training School for dissemination of expertise to Early Stage Researchers
- Contribution to education pack
- Contribution to Industry Workshop
- Report on funding opportunities for new European research projects