Working Group 1 – Adaptive technologies and products
- To provide the Action with a database of different technological solutions and application of adaptive facades, constituting a state-of-the-art literature review of either new market technologies and possible developments of adaptive facades. This supporting database is a first stage to evaluate the current and future trends of adaptive facades.
- To pursue and support the development of novel adaptive technologies. These may consist of novel adaptive technologies that are new to the façade research community and/or new combinations of existing adaptive technologies.
- To map out the different technologies allowing a façade to be adaptive and responsive, in terms of materials and systems (including control systems);
- To provide an overview of the performance of each technology compared to the state-of-the-art high performance facades;
- To identify and pursue new concepts and new products for adaptive façades;
- To provide a selection of applications of technologies already adopted in existing projects identifying the strongest and weakest points.
- Definition of state-of-the-art materials for responsive and adaptive facades
- Definition of state-of-the-art systems for responsive and adaptive facades
- List of case studies and available applications of adaptive facades
- Future adaptive facades
- Report and database with current state-of-the-art adaptive façade materials, systems and new concepts.
- Report real world case studies of adaptive façade applications.
- Report on progress made in new adaptive technologies over the course of the COST Action.
- Input and contributions to relevant parts of educational pack
- Contribution to Industry Workshop
- Contribution to Annual Training School for dissemination of expertise to Early Stage Researchers
- Annual STSMs for Early Stage Researchers on novel adaptive facade technologies