Journal of Facade Design and Engineering
The Journal of Facade Design and Engineering (JFDE) presents new research results and new proven practice of the field of facade design and engineering. The goal is to improve building technologies, as well as process management and architectural design.
The Journal of Facade Design and Engineering (JFDE) is an Open Access Journal.
The Journal of Facade Design and Engineering is indexed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
Access to the journal website and tha scientific papers.
The JFDE journal supports COST Action TU1403.
Glass Structures & Engineering
The Journal Glass Structures & Engineering presents a forum for developments in structural glass, offering a holistic approach to research, construction and engineering
- Presents developments in structural glass research and their practical applications
- Covers a wide range of research on elements, assemblies, connections and material
- Benefits researchers in structural glass, as well as glass designers and manufacturers
- Free full-colour printing and possibility to publish your paper open access
This journal provides an international forum for presentation and discussion of developments in structural glass research and their practical applications, offering a holistic approach to research, construction and engineering. Presenting review papers, technical notes, discussions, case studies and letters, the journal benefits researchers as well as designers and manufacturers of structural glass.
The journal addresses all aspects of structural glass research including theoretical and experimental research on elements, assemblies, connections and material.
Coverage includes Structural glass design philosophy & safety; Loads on glass structures; Stability of structural glass components; Glass in façades; Architectural geometries; IGUs, Automotive; Solar; Projects & case studies; Curved glass; Joints, fixings & adhesives; Strength & fracture mechanics; Laminated glass & composites; Post-fracture performance; Glass forensics and fractography; Post processing and more.
Access to the journal website.
European Facade Network efn
The EFN seeks to advance and promote façade design and engineering at a European level and beyond. This is achieved through inclusive collaborative working between its members and alumni, resulting in skills and knowledge transfer/sharing in the following areas:
- Industry informed research at Masters, Doctoral and EU level.
- Undergraduate & / or postgraduate façade design and engineering education.
- Conferences and workshops rotated between EFN member institutions. Supposed to send students to workshops
- Publication through the Journal of Facade Design and Engineering- JFDE and related peer-reviewed international journals.
- Industry driven experimental façade testing.